When we first starting cleaning tile and grout in San Jose, we had no problem cleaning tile, it was cleaning grout lines that always gave us problems.
We started to research and experiment with different cleaners to find out what would make cleaning tile and grout easier.
The first thing we learned, was good ol'fashion elbow grease would always be needed.
That sucks! but we did learn how to clean tile grout with much better results by using high akaline cleaners.
Click this link for the same stone tile grout cleaner we use everyday to clean all natural stone and all ceramic and porcelain tile cleaning jobs.
Also, the longer we let the akaline cleaners dwell, the better results we saw. The longer the solution sat, the more it emulsified the dirt and grease.
We have found that most grout can be cleaned to about 85% to it's natural color, with the other 15% showing stains or some sort of discoloration possibly from bleaching or grout discoloration from the installation.
Click the link for the best grout cleaning brush we have found. Keep reading and learn how to clean grout with great results!
How to Clean Grout
Learning how to clean grout is easy if you follow these simple steps.
Dilute your tile and grout cleaner to the strength needed and apply to the tile surface.
This has always been the hardest part for me, letting the solution dwell for 20-30 minutes.
I always want to start scrubbing right away. Allowing for dwell time makes the scrubbing a little bit easier.
Now for the scrubbing. Using your grout brush, scrub all the grout lines, the best you can being careful not to damage the baseboards with too much water or banging them with the brush.
You can also scrub the tiles with a deck brush making sure to clean any low areas where dirt can be trapped.
After the dirty solution has been either mopped or sucked up, it's now time to rinse the floor with warm water.
After the floor has been thoroughly rinsed, dry the tile and grout with cotton cloths, until they are completely dry.
You should now have a pretty clean floor, with the exception of any stubborn grout stains, that sometimes can't be removed.
You are now ready to seal the grout lines which we recommend to be done once the floor is completely dry.
For more on sealing grout, see our colorsealing grout page with help on putting down a permanent grout sealer that will make future maintanence much easier for you.
Once you know how to clean grout and do it from time to time, you will eventually get tired of it and look for an easier way to keep it clean.
Check out the colorsealing grout page and discover what you should have done long ago.
For regular mainenance and daily cleaning of your tile and grout we recommend using a neutral floor cleaner.
Check out our grout cleaning tips for more information on cleaning grout lines.
When it comes to cleaning grout lines or maintaining natural stone, we strive to help educate our customers on the best protection they can have, helping them save time and money in costly restoration costs down the road.
Other Tile and Grout Cleaning Pages
How to Clean Grout
How to Clean Ceramic Tile and Grout
Tampa Bay Area Cities we Proudly Serve! >
Apollo Beach, Bayonet Point, Belleair Beach, Brandon, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, Dunedin, East Lake, Gibsonite, Hillsborough County, Holiday, Hudson, Indian Rocks Beach, Lake Fern, Keystone, Land O’ Lakes, Largo, Lutz, Madeira Beach, New Port Richey, North Redington Beach, Odessa, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Pinellas Park, Port Richey, Redington Shores, Riverview, Safety Harbor, Saint Petersburg, Seffner, Seminole, Spring Hill, Tampa, Tarpon Springs, Trinity, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills,
San Jose and Surrounding Cities we Proudly Serve! >
Almaden Valley, Atherton, Belmont, Campbell, Cupertino, Danville, Dublin, East Palo Alto, Evergreen, Fremont, Gilroy, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Livermore, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Menlo Park, Milpitas, Monet Sereno, Monte Vista, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, Naglee Park, Palo Alto, Pleasanton, Portola Valley, San Carlos, San Jose, San Martin, San Ramon, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Saratoga, Scotts Valley, Silicon Valley, Stanford, Sunnyvale, Sunol, Union City, West Menlo Park, Willow Glen and Woodside,
Now Offering Stone Care Products
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? Always working on your home on one project to another. Check the link below to buy stone care products.
We know you can do it yourself and offer you the same products we use to clean stone and tile.
We Recommend MB-2 Heavy Duty Stone, Tile and Grout Cleaner
This cleaner is has an alkaline pH and will cut grease and dirt cleaning all your toughest soiled natural stone and ceramic and porcelain tiled surfaces.
Best Grout Cleaning Brush
This is the best grout brush for cleaning all types of
From Sunnyvale, CA
[?] Subscribe To This Site